Advantages of Digital Printing
Digital print is a way of printing from an electronic-based digital image directly onto various media. It normally refers to mass commercial printing which involves small-run, usually desktop-printing projects from desktop publishing, ad agencies and other online sources. In general, this can be used for many different purposes in commercial printing. You may find it useful for printing business cards, posters, flyers, banners, catalogs and the likes. But how do you know if you need to use digital print? Here are some examples:
– Fabric stores often sell fabrics that are mounted on a wood or metal frame. For such products, the fabrics are mounted and cut by using the digital printers, not by using a press. Of course, using traditional presses would be more time consuming but sometimes the fabrics come out a little flat or may need some adjustments before printing on it. Digital printing machines can make the job easier for store employees who then manually cut, stitch, glue, print and mount the fabrics on the frame.
– Printing with digital prints is very popular in the world of greeting cards. The digital printers and offset presses help the manufacturers and printing shops produce quality greetings cards without the traditional hassle of producing plates from different colors. This method involves only pressing different colors of inks into coated plates and this is one of the most important innovations in the world of greeting cards. Originally, the only way to produce different colored plates was by using different inks that have different intensities. Those inks would create various colors and the manufacturer would have to choose the right combination to get the desired result. These days, though, plates are printed with the exact same colors because they are printed digitally.
– Schools usually use offset printing for school projects. Students normally work on projects based on what their teachers tell them to do. However, what about those students who do not know anything about colors? They would benefit a lot from knowing about the basics of digital printing. Learning about how to use a computer and about what digital prints are all part of learning.
– There are still a lot of people who do not realize that color matching is an important factor in the quality of fabric and what digital prints are. Usually, colors are printed in sets of two or three, and the most common are the light and dark inks. A text set printed in two different inks will end up looking weird if both inks are of the same color. When a designer is mixing and matching different colors of inks to come up with a new color, it is best to get the second version of the design. It is easier to match up colors of fabric because they are usually printed in blocks of four or five.
– The most important tool that is used for digital printing uses toner. Toner is what makes the ink dry and what makes it smear. Without toner, the ink cannot be transferred to the fabric with ease. This is why fabric with digital printing uses solid inks instead of liquid inks. A good designer always makes sure that he does not overlook this tool.
There are so many digital printing methods available today. The best thing about these digital printing methods is that they can offer better image quality as well as a lower cost per color cartridge than traditional printing methods. However, there are still some downsides to using digital technology. These include having to fix the printer every time you want to print something. If the photo you want to print has some scratches, then it may be necessary to have the photo repaired before you print it.
Digital printing offers more options than traditional printing. This makes it more convenient for people who want to get a physical product printed like a poster or t-shirt. It also offers better printing quality so you do not have to worry about getting a perfect printed proof. These are just some of the advantages of using digital printing for your needs.